Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I would rather have a slice of this bread than a chocolate chip cookie: it's a lot more filling and much better for you! Makes two loaves, so keep one for fresh eating and stick the other in the freezer.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend oil, applesauce, honey, and vanilla; add eggs and blend well.
- Add bananas to oil mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with water and mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Pour into two greased 5x9 loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees for 60-65 minutes, or until tests done; remove to rack to cool for 20-25 minutes, then remove from pans to finish cooling.