1 hr 30 mins
A Messy Cook's Note:
I would rather have a slice of this bread than a chocolate chip cookie: it's a lot more filling and much better for you! Makes two loaves, so keep one for fresh eating and stick the other in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 2Blend oil, applesauce, honey, and vanilla; add eggs and blend well.
- 3Add bananas to oil mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with water and mixing well after each addition.
- 5Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- 6Pour into two greased 5x9 loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees for 60-65 minutes, or until tests done; remove to rack to cool for 20-25 minutes, then remove from pans to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 217.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g