How could this NOT taste good? Two of my favorite ingredients of all time: chocolate and cheesecake.
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 13x9 pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shortening and sugars; add egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients (not chips or pecans), add to creamed mixture; fold in chips and nuts.
- Set aside one-third of dough (topping); press remaining dough into pan; bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; add eggs and vanilla until creamy; spoon over crust.
- Drop teaspoons of reserved dough over filling (nicely spaced, please).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (lightly golden brown).
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cover and store in fridge.