1 hr 15 mins
Andrew Mollmann's Note:
Found here: http://www.cakeandcommerce.com/cake_and_commerce/2009/09/glutenfree-banana-bread.html Looks good but I have not tried it. Makes 1 12" loaf or 2 regular loaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup teff flour
- 2 tablespoons teff flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large Bananas or 6 medium Bananas)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or slightly less)
- 2 eggs (or 2t ground flax plus 1/4 C water)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (OR Chopped Pecans OR combination of the two)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F (325 in Convection oven).
- 2Prepare baking pan, either line with parchment or dust with butter and 'flour' (I use teff, though parchment is the tastier option. Trust me).
- 3Combine all dry ingredients in the bowl of a mixer (or, if no mixer, in a bowl).
- 4Add butter and mix until butter/dry combination has consistency of cornmeal.
- 5Add wet ingredients all at once and mix for about 2 minutes. Fold in Nuts/Chocolate or combination.
- 6Pour into 12" loaf pan or 2 8/9" loaves. Bake in center rack for about 1 hr, or until a toothpick inserted in the loaf comes out clean.
- 7Allow to cool. Slice and eat or freeze right away. Will remain tender for at least 5 days, if kept in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: