If you are a chocolate and cherry lover then the chocolate is for you, this also is equally wonderful using a white cake mix with cherry or strawberry Jello, cherry pie filling and white Cool Whip or Whipped cream, I make the white version with my Kittencal's White Cake but boxed is fine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin (or use strawberry)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or use a 28 ounce can)
- 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate flavor cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use sweetened whipped cream)
- grated chocolate (or can use chopped nuts)
- 1Prepare and bake the cake mix according to package directions in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2Cool then remove the cake from the pan.
- 3Immediately poke holes down into the cake using a fork (holes should be at 1-in intervals).
- 4Cool cake completely.
- 5When the cake is cooked combine the Jello with boiling water until combined; pour the mixture over the cake.
- 6Top with pie filling, then cover with Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- 7If making the chocolate cake sprinkle grated chocolate over the top or chopped nuts (this is only optional).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Cherry Poke Cake (Or Vanilla)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 404.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: