1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cherry Merlot Brownies
Sweeten the moment with this unique, wine lover's dessert. Bursting with merlot-soaked cherries, these fudgy brownies are bound to spark passion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- 3Microwave dried cherries and merlot wine in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute.
- 4Set aside for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Drain cherries; discard wine.
- 6Microwave chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR.
- 7Sections may retain some of their original shape.
- 8If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- 9Combine flour and salt in small bowl.
- 10Beat sugar and butter in medium mixer bowl until well mixed.
- 11Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- 12Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- 13Stir in drained cherries.
- 14Spread into prepared pan.
- 15Bake for 33 to 37 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- 16Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 17Cut into bars.
- 18NOTE: Sweetened dried cranberries can be substituted for the dried cherries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Merlot Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g