A yummy, chocolaty take on the classic "cereal treat", courtesy of the wonderful Nigella Lawson. You can substitute for whichever candy bar and cereal you prefer. Enjoy! Prep time includes time to chill the bars after making.
- 4 (2 ounce) chocolate candy bars (2 oz. bars, recommended Milky Way)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes (or other preferred cereal)
- Break the candy bars into bits and drop them into a saucepan.
- Add the butter and melt, over lowish heat, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula.
- When everything is melted (the nougat-like layer takes the longest to go), tip in the cereal and stir them, with your rubber spatula, in the chocolate mixture until they are all pretty well coated.
- Fill the mini muffin papers (about 40) with the mixture and put in the refrigerator, on a small sheet pan or tray, for at least 1 hour.