1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cake Roll
This is a delicious soft sponge-cake recipe. It received a Reserve Champion ribbon at my county fair. It is much healthier than regular cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Grease and flour lined pan; tap out excess.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- 4In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. In a small bowl, using CLEAN beaters, beat egg whites on high until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff, but not dry, peaks form.
- 5Fold 1/3 beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Alternately fold in remaining whites and flour mixture.
- 6Pour batter into pan; smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 14 minutes.
- 7Dust a clean cloth with remaining sugar.
- 8Turn cake out onto prepared cloth; remove waxed paper. Trim cake's edges.
- 9Starting with a long side, tightly roll up cake WITH CLOTH!
- 10Transfer cake, seam-side down, to a wire rack to cool. Unroll cake; remove cloth.
- 11Mix whipped topping and chocolate chips together and spread over cake to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 12Re-roll cake; place seam-side down on a plate. Refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g