A rich cake-like brownie topped with a decadent frosting. You can substitute the whole milk in the frosting with whatever you have on hand; it just won't be as rich (but still delicious!). This recipe came down from my grandmother. It makes a 9 x 13" pan full of brownies!
- For the brownies, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add chocolate, flour, and nuts.
- Pour into a 9” x 13” greased pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, prepare the frosting by boiling milk, sugar, and butter for 30 seconds.
- Remove from burner and add chocolate chips.
- Beat and spread on hot brownies.