Magpie 025's Note:
A variation on the rum balls without the rum! Kids (& adults) will love them. I have made this recipe since I was a little girl and they are still a family favourite. Great for picnics, parties and even Christmas - and as gifts. The recipe is easy to make double batches for larger crowds!
My Private Note
choc ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (250 g) packet Marie biscuits (if you use the whole biscuit pkt you may need a little more condensed milk, otherwise take out 2 or ) or 1 (250 g) packet other biscuits (if you use the whole biscuit pkt you may need a little more condensed milk, otherwise take out 2 or )
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut, for rolling
- 1Crush the biscuits leaving a few little chunks for texture.
- 2Add cocoa, coconut and mix well.
- 3Add condensed milk trying to wet as much of the biscuit mixture as possible.
- 4Mix well with a spoon - when all done you may need to use your hands to mix completely.
- 5Roll into small balls and if you like roll into the extra coconut. (very messy and needs to be done fairly quickly to avoid drying out).
- 6Can be eaten straight away or put in fridge for a little while to cool.
- 7Leftovers (if there are any!) must be kept in fridge because of the condensed milk.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Balls
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 30.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: