1/1 Photo of Chocolate Anise Cookies Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This has a mild anise flavor and is not as hard as some biscotti. Recipe from the foodnetwork and Giada De Laurentiis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Add the ground anise seed and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 5Form the dough into a 16-inch-long, 3-inch-wide log. Transfer the log to the prepared baking sheet.(I spooned the dough directly on the parchment lined cookie sheet in a log shape and gently shaped it with my fingers).
- 6Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- 7Place the log on the cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the cookies cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies until pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Anise Cookies Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g