Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This has a mild anise flavor and is not as hard as some biscotti. Recipe from the foodnetwork and Giada De Laurentiis.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Add the ground anise seed and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 16-inch-long, 3-inch-wide log. Transfer the log to the prepared baking sheet.(I spooned the dough directly on the parchment lined cookie sheet in a log shape and gently shaped it with my fingers).
- Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the cookies cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies until pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely.
ZWT4: These biscotti were awesome!! I love the chocolate and anise flavors together!!
Out-Standing! I needed to make this a bit more diabetic friendly so the sugar became Splenda, the eggs-Eggbeaters and 1/2, 1/4 cup of margarine and 1/4 cup of applesauce for the fat and a cup of mini chocolate chips. I didn't have ground anise seed so I used the whole seeds. These are devine, chocolate and anise bits YUM. Thank you Cookie, thank you!
Very nice biscotti, especially for us chocoholics, at least! I'm a big fan of this kind of cookie, especially when they aren't bone-dry & hard, since I don't dunk them, I just eat them!!! Like most biscotti they take a little time, but they're well worth the effort! Thanks for the recipe!