Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the most infamous recipe in my repertoire. A great go to during those times when you are emotionally on the edge :) Be careful; these are addictive. This is not the recipe for you if you are watching your waistline. They do freeze beautifully before and after baking.
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (I use Pillsbury brand)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels (NOT milk)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Slice and press 1 1/2 tubes chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of a 9x13 pan to form bottom crust. Return the remaining half of the cookie dough to the freezer.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the chocolate morsels, milk and salt. Stir until mixture is smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract; mix well. Pour the chocolate mixture over the chocolate chip cookie dough in the baking pan. Slice, then crumble, the remaining 1/2 tube of dough evenly over chocolate mixture.
- Place in a 350 degree oven 30-35 minutes until top layer of cookie dough is golden brown.
- Cool completely and slice into bars or squares or use a biscuit cutter to make cookies and save the scraps for yourself. *evil grin*.
WOW!! If you love chocolate, boy these are it. They were so easy to make, I even had to make a double batch, because the kids had friends over, they were gone in no time. I made sure I was going to get a part of the second batch. THESE ARE GREAT !
I usually make cookies from scratch, but in a pinch or a hurry or if you just want something easy, rich and delish, these are the cookies to make. They didn't last past the next day. These cookies are a chocoholics delight! I messed up and forgot the vanilla but couldn't tell, I will add it next time to make them even richer (oh my). These are a definate keeper, thanks Brandee!!
Wow!!!!!! Best of both worlds. Soft chewy cookie and creamy rich fudge. All the Chocolate lovers in my family loved this recipe. This one is a keeper