These cookies are chewy inside with a crusty outside , the ultimate combination for a cookie!! I think next time I make these, I'll add a little more flour as I like a thicker cookie. I used some sultanas, apricots and extra peanuts in mine.
- 90 g flour
- 90 g rolled oats
- 110 g brown sugar
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 g butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup crushed green walnuts (or other nuts or choc chips, they are also delicious with sultanas)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla, water, peanut butter and mix well so that the dough is quite uniform.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, bicarbonate and the baking powder and mix well. Add nuts or the chocolate or the sultanas, mix lightly.
- Spoon tablespoonfulls onto a greased cookie sheet, and bake 12-15 minutes. SUPERVISE! Start to check after 10 minutes as they brown quickly!