These cookies are chewy inside with a crusty outside , the ultimate combination for a cookie!! I think next time I make these, I'll add a little more flour as I like a thicker cookie. I used some sultanas, apricots and extra peanuts in mine.
- 90 g flour
- 90 g rolled oats
- 110 g brown sugar
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 g butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup crushed green walnuts (or other nuts or choc chips, they are also delicious with sultanas)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla, water, peanut butter and mix well so that the dough is quite uniform.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, bicarbonate and the baking powder and mix well. Add nuts or the chocolate or the sultanas, mix lightly.
- Spoon tablespoonfulls onto a greased cookie sheet, and bake 12-15 minutes. SUPERVISE! Start to check after 10 minutes as they brown quickly!
Ok, I haven't eaten these yet...but I wanted to put down the measurements in how we understood them. 3/4 cup flour and of oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/3 cup butter. We shall see how they turn out...
We loved these cookies... I am partial to PB cookies but Dugan is partial to oatmeal. This is a great recipe that we both enjoyed. It combines both of our favorites.It is crunchy/crisp on the outside(which I love)but chewy(which Dugan loves) Excellent recipe. Just the right combo amount of white and brown sugar. (I had to run my regular white granulated sugar in the processor to make caster sugar) Excellent excellent excellent recipe.
Very scrumptious! Loved the combo of the oats, peanut butter and I used semi sweet chocolate chips. Perfectly baked in 12 minutes (but I did watch them) and I received an exact 36 cookies! The conversions are easy to be made to US measurements too - had not one issue. Thanks for a keeper of a treat! Made for the I Recommend tag game.! :)