Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
simple and delicious.
Make and share this Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven 350 degrees.
- beat brown sugar and butter in large mixer until creamy. beat in corn syrup and vanilla.
- stir in oats then press into greased 13 x 9 in baking pan.
- bake for 15 minutes and cool slightly.
- melt 1 cup chocolate chip morsels and peanut butter in small, heavy saucepan over lowest heat possible. stirring until smooth.
- spread over base then sprinkle with peanuts and remaining chocolate chips. press down slightly.
- chill 1 hour or until firm.
OMG, is this ever scrumptious! You think it's healthy, right? Because of the oats, and, after all, peanut butter is protein! Right? Well let me tell you, you won't care if its healthy or not! I did deviate from the directions a little. I melted all of the chocolate chips and peanut butter together before spreading on all those healthy oats! My choice of nut was peanuts, but not the regular peanuts. Oh, no, I used BUTTER TOFFEE PEANUTS! Talk about gilding the lily! Thnx, I think, Ann (l0l), for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
This needs at least 10 STARS. I am not a peanutbutter fan, but these are sssssssssssooooooooo Good.:-) They might be illegal! LOL ! accidentally bought Jiffy Peanut Butter with Honey and was concerned about the outcome, but they were fine.I used Honey Roasted Peanuts on top. I'm so glad I daw this on the PAC 2009 Thread. :-)
Sorry Ann for the downer review, but we weren't crazy about these, the bottom layer was half as thick as the pic shows and too sweet for us, did like the chocolate peanut butter top though, was wanting to try something different, we still prefer our Chocolate peanut bars from TOH, uses cake mix for the bottom layer.