This is one of my annual Christmas recipes...it keeps very well if wrapped properly and absolutely delicious to set out with your other holiday goodies.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and extract in large bowl on low speed of electronic mixer until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with evaporated milk to creamed mixture,mixing lightly after each addition.
- Fold in cherries.
- Turn batter into greased and floured bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes.
- Cover loosely with foil, shiny side out; continue baking 15-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; invert cake onto rack and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to finish.