Another great sounding poke cake, just in time for summer.
Make and share this Cherry Pie Poke Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) packagefruit flavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for one 9x13 inch cake.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Poke holes at once down through cake with a fork.
- Holes should be at 1 inch intervals.
- While the cake cools, combine the gelatin with boiling water.
- Pour gelatin mixture over the cake.
- Top with the cherry pie filling, then cover with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate cake for one hour before serving.