these are wonderful preperation. time includes chilling time for dough..
Make and share this Cherry Icebox Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, finely chopped
- in bowl, cream butter and sugar.beat in egg and vanilla.combine dry ingredients, gradually add to creamed mixture -- add cherry and lemon juice, stir in nuts and cherries.add cherry and lemon juice.stir in nuts and cherries.
- shape into 4 12" rolls, wrap each roll in plastic wrap --
- refrigerate 4 hours or till firm.
- unwrap and cut into 1/4" slices.
- place 2" apart on ungreased sheets.
- bake at 375* for 8=10 minutes or edges begin to brown --
- remove to racks to cool.