Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies have become a Christmas tradition in our family. They are easy to make ahead and freeze--just let them thaw THEN roll them in the powdered sugar. The cookies look like a typical tea cookie but there is always a surprise when you bite into it and discover the yummy cherry center. You will want to make a double batch.
- Drain the cherries and place on paper towels to dry.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup powdered sugar, beating well.
- Stir in flour, salt, milk and vanilla.
- Shape into 24 balls. Press each ball around a cherry, covering completely.
- Place on ungreased cooke sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll each cookie in powdered sugar to coat.
Oh. My. Yummness! I made these today and they are FANTASTIC. And easy. I used a 1 Tablespoon scoop and got 25 cookies with a single batch. Next time I'm going to try using almond extract to see how that goes.