These cookies have become a Christmas tradition in our family. They are easy to make ahead and freeze--just let them thaw THEN roll them in the powdered sugar. The cookies look like a typical tea cookie but there is always a surprise when you bite into it and discover the yummy cherry center. You will want to make a double batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the cherries and place on paper towels to dry.
- 2Beat butter until creamy.
- 3Gradually add 3/4 cup powdered sugar, beating well.
- 4Stir in flour, salt, milk and vanilla.
- 5Shape into 24 balls. Press each ball around a cherry, covering completely.
- 6Place on ungreased cooke sheets.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Roll each cookie in powdered sugar to coat.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Bonbon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g