Here are two of our favorite cookies for the holidays
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, drained well and then chopped (I put these in my mini chopper and it makes this task a lot easier)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans but walnuts are also good)
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Combine flour and powdered sugar.
- 3With a fork or pastry blender, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Press firmly into a 9" square and ungreased pan.
- 5Bake 10 minutes, set aside.
- 6In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 7Add eggs and beat well.
- 8Stir in cherries, coconut and nuts.
- 9Spread over crust.
- 10Return to oven and bake 25-30 minutes until light golden brown.
- 11Cool completely on a rack.
- 12Cut into bars then sprinkle powdered sugar over the bars.
- 13I cut these into small bars and put them in little foil cups.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: