Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious way to serve dessert to a crowd, from the Lion House Recipe Book.
Make and share this Cheesecake for a Crowd recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cherries, raspberry or 2 (16 ounce) cans strawberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9X13" baking pans.
- Prepare cake according to package directions, and pour half of cake batter in each pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Whip cream cheese and powdered sugar together till fluffy.
- Add whipped cream.
- Spread mixture onto both cakes.
- Spread pie filling on top of cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I wasn't expecting much from this recipe, since it only used so few ingredients. Well my guests raved over this cake and said it was SO good. I didn't change a thing, however I didn't use any fruit. I was going to serve it on the side, but I forgot and my guests were none the wiser. :) The cake was moist and the cheesecake layer was flavorful. I was really pleased with the outcome of this dessert. I will keep this one in mind when I need to feed a crowd.
Made this for a church fundraiser and everyone loved it. Perfect because it is so easy to make such a large quantity and tastes like a light fluffy cheesecake.
I used this for a large dinner I served at church. Just perfect! I loved the cheesecake taste, yet it was inexpensive and easy to make. It was a huge hit with everyone.