- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooking apples (Use a cooking apple such as Granny Smith's. Core, peel and thinly)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, Fresh
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, Md, Shredded,1 1/2 C
- 4 teaspoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- Make a high rim around the pie crust.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the topping and cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Toss the apples and lemon juice together and add the cheese, flour, and nutmeg, tossing and mixing well.
- Arrange the apples in the crust and sprinkle on the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F. oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream if desired.