Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I was inspired by Chef#407338's Cake Mix Lemon Pecan Cookies and decided to come up with my own recipe using cake mix.If you feel like this recipe has too much chocolate, ( As if there could be too much chocolate ;) ) you can use a white cake mix instead.To keep cookie dough from getting too soft, place in refrigerator between uses.The cooking time is for each sheet of cookies.Submitted to "ZAAR" on November 25th,2008.And again I want to thank Chef#407338 for inspiring me.:)
- In a large bowl mix well butter,eggs,milk and extract.
- Add cake mix, chips and walnuts ( if using ).
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a 1 Tablespoon sized cookie scoop,place 12 balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet, making sure that dough is evenly spaced ( cookies will spread ).
- Bake each sheet at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes,half way though baking time, flatten each cookie slightly and finish baking.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes,then place on wire rack to finish cooling.
These are very easy and taste great. My daughters thought they were awesome! I didn't have mini chips, so I added a full cup of regular size chocolate chips and didn't use the optional nuts. I didn't flatten the cookies half way through baking because I wanted a chunkier look. I did use parchment paper, but they stuck pretty bad. I had better luck with foil, so I continued with that. Yield and 10 minutes time were right on for me. Gotta love cake mix cookie recipes! Thanks for posting!