Cupcakes are great. They're easy to make, portable, and take the formality out of cake. It doesn't matter whether you serve them out of a plastic container or off a silver plate-- your guests will love them. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the molasses, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the chips.
- Cook on medium heat until chips have melted, stirring constantly with a spoon.
- Add the oil, vanilla, cornstarch, and stir well until mixed.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together.
- Add the remaining milk and the chocolate mixture and stir.
- Spoon into cupcake paper liners and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Once cooled, you can frost with icing.