From the Betty Crocker website. I LOVE these cupcakes. A nice grown-up taste and very simple to make using a cake mix. I like 'Zaar "Vanilla Buttercream Frosting" for the vanilla frosting but you can use your own or pre-purchased frosting.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F for shiny metal pans (or 325F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Line muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely (about 1 hour).
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips on High 30 seconds; stir until melted (if not melted microwave 15 seconds longer).
- Stir until smooth then cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in frosting until well blended.
- Immediately spread or pipe frosting mixture on cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.