1/4 Photos of Carrot Cookies
We love these carrot cookies either plain or with butter cream frosting flavored with a little lemon zest and lemon juice, or try 1/2 recipe of Creamy Orange Frosting. These cookies have a nice cake-like texture--nice and soft. Note: Made these again today and thought I'd better add a comment. I made them about tablespoon sized and they cooked in 8 minutes. They don't need to brown on bottom--just cook until they are nice and firm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook carrots in saucepan with water until tender; drain and mash.
- 2(Should measure about 1 cup when you are done).
- 4Cream butter and sugar.
- 5Add egg and vanilla, beat together until fluffy.
- 6Stir in cooled mashed carrots.
- 7Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; blend into butter.
- 8Drop by spoonful on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake at 375° for about 8-12 minutes (doesn't need to cook until browned--just until firm).
- 11Good plain or top with butter cream frosting with a little lemon zest and lemon juice added.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 69.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g