We love these carrot cookies either plain or with butter cream frosting flavored with a little lemon zest and lemon juice, or try 1/2 recipe of Creamy Orange Frosting. These cookies have a nice cake-like texture--nice and soft. Note: Made these again today and thought I'd better add a comment. I made them about tablespoon sized and they cooked in 8 minutes. They don't need to brown on bottom--just cook until they are nice and firm.
- Cook carrots in saucepan with water until tender; drain and mash.
- (Should measure about 1 cup when you are done).
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat together until fluffy.
- Stir in cooled mashed carrots.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; blend into butter.
- Drop by spoonful on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for about 8-12 minutes (doesn't need to cook until browned--just until firm).
- Good plain or top with butter cream frosting with a little lemon zest and lemon juice added.