Garden cook NM's Note:
This is a low glycemic coffee cake. It's not too sweet and contains no refined sugars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups carrots, firmly packed grated (about 6 medium)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 22. In a mixing bowl, stir together the carrots, orange juice, vanilla, olive oil, agave nectar, and pineapple until well blended.
- 33. In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, and spices. Mix in the walnuts.
- 44. Blend the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture, stirring until just mixed.
- 55. Pour the batter into a nonstick 9 X 13 pan and bake for about 40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. remove from oven and let cool slightly and remove from pan.
- 6whip together cream cheese and agave nectar for the icing. Add 2 tbsp Splenda if more sweetness is desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 245.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: