Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious moist high-riser cake that also may be made in a 10-inch tube pan :)
Make and share this Carrot Bundt Cake With Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease a bundt pan or a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed blend the eggs with oil, white and brown sugar and vanilla until no sugar granules remain (about 3 minutes).
- In a bowl sift together flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg/oil mixture and beat until just combined.
- Mix in grated carrots and raisins.
- Pour into prepared bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake for about 20 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Refrigerate until completely cold.
- For the glaze; beat the confectioners sugar with cream cheese, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Spread over cold cake.
This was good. I've never been a fan of carrot cake but it had a good texture and I absolutely loved the frosting.
Kitten this cake will send the taste buds into a frenzy.......texture is perfect,.. moisture lever right on tee..loved the glaze.. everyone wanted the recipe.. thanks for sharing.
We loved it! It's very moist and full of flavor. I liked that it was also very simple to do. Mine was perfectly done at 1 hour. I made it in the 15 cup big bundt pan. I only cooled it for 30 minutes and then put it right in the cake dome and in the frige so it would stay really moist and have that great texture and it does! I wondered if the glaze would be enough and of course it was plenty. We tried it the first day (because my little girl couldn't wait to try carrot cake- she's never had it before) and the second day after sitting and chilling overnight. It's great both ways but it's definitely better thoroughly chilled the next day after the flavors blend. Something happens to it and the flavors meld into this amazing, deliciousness. I made it exactly as written except I added an extra teaspoon of vanilla. Oh, I did use shortening instead of oil because I was out of oil. Thanks Kittencal! Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.