Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very rich dessert from Carnival Cruise Line.
Make and share this Carnival's Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan, and dust with unsweetened cocoa; set aside.
- Melt chopped chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk together egg yolks and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir in warm chocolate mixture, whisking until well blended.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form. Fold one-third beaten egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Let stand in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing sides of pan.
This is WONDERFUL!!! It is so silky as it melts in your mouth! BUT it is very rich. I got 16 servings from this. And it was just as good 5 days later. With no flour it did not dry out like other cakes.
this cake is really REALLY good. I made it for my mom's birthday and no one could believe it was home made. They all asked for the recipe! Make sure to get good quality chocolate though because it is the star in this recipe :)
I wanted to make a flourless chocolate cake and looked through the many recipes on this site. I ended up choosing this recipe for the simple ingredients and preparation. Boy, did I pick the right recipe! This cake was so amazing!!!! It was really easy to prepare, too! I started out by chopping the chocolate as stated in recipe,but it turned out to be too much of a pain to do, the chocolate pieces kept flying everywhere, lol, so I just ended up using the Baker's unsweetened chocolate squares whole, and they melted perfectly with the butter so that step can easily be skipped making the recipe even simpler than it is! I decorated it with strawberries and sprinkled some confectioner's sugar on top for a very elegant presentation. It made for a perfect flourless Passover dessert but we will definitely be making it again for other occasions. I think I might try adding some espresso coffee powder next time for a change, but really it was perfect the way it was! It got rave reviews by all! Everyone that tried it wanted the recipe! A few people even thought we purchased it at a bakery! What a compliment! Thanks for a delicious recipe! I posted a photo of our cake.