1/2 Photos of Caribbean Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Found this on-line at recipeisland.com/caribbean recipes and am posting it for ZWT. It sounds delicious and more like a dessert. I am not a fan of coconut, so would leave that out!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened (tub type)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, mashed (ripe)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract)
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an.
- 28 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and.
- 3set aside. Beat 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- 4and cheese at medium speed of a mixer, add.
- 51 cup sugar, beating well, add egg and beat well.
- 6Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda with salt in a separate bowl, stir well. In a separate bowl, combine the banana, milk, vanilla and 2 tbls rum.
- 7Next add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- 8alternating with the banana mixture, mix.
- 9after each addition. Next stir in 1/4 cup.
- 10pecans and 1/4 cup of coconut.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 375.
- 12degrees F. for 60 minutes. Let cool in pan.
- 13for 10 minutes, remove from the pan Let it.
- 14cool slightly on a wire rack.
- 15Combine brown sugar along with 2 teaspoons.
- 16each margarine with the lime juice and rum.
- 17right into the sauce pan and bring it to a.
- 19Cook for 1 minute, stir constantly. Remove.
- 20from heat and stir in 2 tablespoon of each.
- 21pecans and the coconut spoon over the loaf.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 189.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g