1/8 Photos of Caramelized Onion Rolls With Herb Butter
2 hrs 45 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Serve these lovely baked rolls with herb butter or your favourite butter recipe and watch them disappear. Also good plain, they are always the first to go at dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, coarse
- 1 package active dry yeast (1/4 oz)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 large vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped,divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 5 1/2 cups flour, all purpose,divided
- 1Herb Butter.
- 2Combine in a small bowl, softened butter with 1 tbsp each of finely chopped, fresh parsley and thyme.
- 3Mix well, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 5Combine milk, 1/4 cup butter, oil and salt in pot over medium heat.
- 6Bring to a boil then remove from heat and cool.
- 7Pour warm water into small bowl.
- 8Sprinkle yeast over warm water and let stand 5 minutes, until foamy.
- 9Add remaining 2 tsps of butter to frying pan and melt over medium low heat.
- 10Add onions and cook 20 minutes until browned.
- 11Take pan off heat and cool onions.
- 12Once the onions are cooled chop and set aside.
- 13In large bowl whisk together 1 egg, 3 tsps parsley, thyme, milk and yeast mixtures.
- 14Stir in 3 cups flour until just combined.
- 15Stir in remaining flour slowly until dough is no longer sticky.
- 16Knead dough 3-5 minutes on a floured surface.
- 17Form dough into disk.
- 18Add half of the chopped onions ontop of the disk.
- 19Fold disk in half and knead in onions.
- 20Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.
- 21(45- 60 minutes).
- 22Punch down the dough.
- 23Cut dough in half with knife.
- 24Cut each piece into four pieces.
- 25Now cut each piece into thirds.
- 26You should have 24 pieces when finished cutting.
- 27Roll each piece into 7" long rope.
- 28Spiral each rope, pinching the end into the roll to seal.
- 29(should look like a small danish).
- 30Place on baking sheet, cover and let rise until almost double in size.
- 31(20-30 minutes).
- 32Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 33Lightly beat remaining egg and brush over rolls.
- 34Top with remaining onion and parsley.
- 35Bake 18-20 minutes.
- 36Serve with herb butter and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Rolls With Herb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 203.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g