1/1 Photo of Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Peanut butter cheesecake with swirls of caramel topping off a brownie! Prep time includes time in fridge. 1994 Prize winner of the Pillsbury Bake-Off contest
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
Garnish if desired
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1Heat oven to 325°F; grease bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- 2In large bowl, combine all base ingredients; beat until dough forms. Press lightly in bottom of greased pan.
- 3In large bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/3 cup peanut butter; beat at low speed until smooth. Add sugar, flour, sour cream and vanilla; beat until blended. Add 2 eggs one at a time, beating just until blended. Pour filling over base.
- 4In small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and 3 tablespoons whipping cream. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Drop spoonfuls of caramel sauce randomly over filling. For swirl effect, pull knife through batter in wide curves; turn pan and repeat.
- 5Bake at 325°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set and edges are light golden brown.
- 6Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- 7Just before serving, in small bowl, combine 1/2 cup whipping cream and powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe whipped cream rosettes or spoon dollops of whipped cream on each serving. Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g