1/1 Photo of Caramel Pecan French Silk Pie
5 hrs 40 mins
This is just like my favorite pie from Baker's Square. This recipe came from BHG. Cooking time denotes "chill" time. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baked pastry shells
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Creme de Cacao or 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans or 3/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup whipped cream
- chocolate curls (optional)
- 1Prepare Baked Pastry Shell; set aside.
- 2In a heavy medium saucepan combine the 1 cup whipping cream, the chocolate pieces, butter, and sugar.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted (about 10 minutes).
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks.
- 6Return egg mixture to chocolate mixture in saucepan.
- 7Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and begins to bubble (about 5 minutes).
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9(Mixture may appear to separate.) Stir in the 3 tablespoons creme de cacao or whipping cream.
- 10Place the saucepan in a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally, until the mixture stiffens and becomes hard to stir (about 20 minutes).
- 11Transfer the chocolate mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
- 12Beat cooled chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 13Spread caramel ice cream topping in bottom of Baked Pastry Shell.
- 14Sprinkle pecans evenly over caramel.
- 15Carefully spread filling into pie shell.
- 16Cover and refrigerate pie for 5 to 24 hours.
- 17To serve, top with whipped cream.
- 18If you like, garnish with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan French Silk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.1
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 360.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 5.5 g