Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are wonderful rich cupcakes with a delightful caramel flavour. I couldn't believe how easy they were to make and how well they turned out. These do not need any frosting or extra flavours, just a light dusting of icing sugar. (Note that this recipe is from the Women's Weekly 'Cupcakes' book so the cups are Australian measuring cups)
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine butter, milk chocolate, brown sugar, golden syrup or honey and milk in a small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until everything has melted and is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Sift flours together and then whisk them into the cooled mixture, finally adding the egg.
- Divide the mixture into the 12 muffin cases, they will be 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a light golden brown colour and check with a skewer.
- Cool on wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
- Note: I have also added 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips to the mixture before baking which was lovely. However you must be careful not to add them too soon as the mixture can be too warm and they will melt instead of keeping their shape.
A KEEPER! Recipe being a touch different was begging to be made - a wonderful choice on my part! Made using the golden syrup. These are perfect with the powdered sugar - had a bit of Caramel Frosting left from frosting a cake - topped several of the muffins which put them over the top! Something I will think to when needing a make and take for a bake sale or tea. Thank you for sharing.
these cakes are sensational! crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside! I have made 2 batches, and though I would have liked to try them with a cream cheese frosting, they got eaten too quickly! They are SO easy to make, and the directions are clear and easy to follow!