1/1 Photo of Caramel Mud Cake Cupcakes
Perfectionist cook's Note:
These are wonderful rich cupcakes with a delightful caramel flavour. I couldn't believe how easy they were to make and how well they turned out. These do not need any frosting or extra flavours, just a light dusting of icing sugar. (Note that this recipe is from the Women's Weekly 'Cupcakes' book so the cups are Australian measuring cups)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
- 2Combine butter, milk chocolate, brown sugar, golden syrup or honey and milk in a small saucepan.
- 3Stir over low heat until everything has melted and is smooth.
- 4Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- 5Sift flours together and then whisk them into the cooled mixture, finally adding the egg.
- 6Divide the mixture into the 12 muffin cases, they will be 3/4 full.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes or until a light golden brown colour and check with a skewer.
- 8Cool on wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
- 9Note: I have also added 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips to the mixture before baking which was lovely. However you must be careful not to add them too soon as the mixture can be too warm and they will melt instead of keeping their shape.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Mud Cake Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 146.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g