1/1 Photo of Caramel Crunch Apple Pie
This is the most wonderful apple pie, and one of my family's favorites!... of coarse, if you prefer, this pie may be made with your favorite homemade pie crust, or use my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust for this. (note: this pie is best prepared with Granny Smith apples, as these apples seem to hold up better, and not become soft and soggy when baked). Hint: my advise to you is...better prepare two of these, as they will go fast, this pie is so delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 apples, peeled cored and cut into wedges (Granny Smith apples are best)
- 2/3 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (9 inch) frozen ready to bake deep dish pie shells, thawed or 1 (9 inch) use my no-fail butter pie crusts, Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
- 25 vanilla caramels (about half of a 14 oz pkg)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the apples, and 2 Tbsp flour, tossing to coat the apples; spoon into the thawed (unbaked) pie shell.
- 3In a medium saucepan, combine the caramels and water over medium heat, stirring until the caramels melt, and the mixture is smooth.
- 4Spoon the caramel mixture evenly over the apples in the pie crust.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2/3 cup flour, the sugar, cinnamon and butter, stirring until crumbly.
- 6Add in the walnuts; mix well.
- 7Sprinkle over the pie and place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- 9Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Crunch Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3845.9
- Calories from Fat 1745
- Total Fat 193.9 g
- Saturated Fat 81.7 g
- Cholesterol 261.7 mg
- Sodium 2096.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 517.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.7 g
- Sugars 329.8 g
- Protein 38.7 g