1/2 Photos of Caramel Apple Cobbler
1 hr 30 mins
Creamy caramel, apples and nuts in a flaky cobbler crust. It doesn't get any better than this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch kosher salt (less if table salt)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 braeburn apples
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
ON TOP OF FILLING
ON TOP OF CRUST
- 2Whisk together dry ingredients of filling in a medium bowl.
- 3Melt butter in microwave.
- 4Place apple juice and lemon juice in dutch oven.
- 5Peel, core and slice apples and place in the pot with the juices, tossing as you go.
- 6Add melted butter, cream and dry ingredients, stir.
- 7Bring to a boil over med-hi heat, stir and bring to a boil once more.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 10Preheat oven to 350F and spray 8 x 11 Pyrex baking dish with Pam.
- 11While apples are cooking, make crust using your favorite 2 crust recipe or my ingredients above.
- 12Whisk dry ingredients, cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork.
- 13When it reaches the consistency of peas, add ice water.
- 14Gently stir with a fork until all of the flour has been absorbed.
- 15With your hands, form the dough into a clump, then separate into two disks.
- 16Be careful not to overwork the dough once water has been added.
- 17Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 - 10 minutes.
- 18Sprinkle flour on dough board and roll dough out into a rectangle about 8 x 11.
- 19Using a pastry cutter or knife, cut dough into strips.
- 20Repeat with second disk.
- 22Put strips of dough around the Pyrex sides and bottom.
- 23Pour apples into cobbler.
- 24Stir together pecans, sugar and brown sugar to sprinkle on the filling.
- 25Place strips of dough on top of the cobbler, picking up strips to layer them in a lattice manner.
- 26Brush strips on top of cobbler with egg white, then sprinkle with sugar crystals and a dash of cinnamon.
- 27Bake for one hour.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.8
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 55.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: