I got this recipe out of the Australian Country Style magazine. I have often made them as a present for friends and they have always been well received.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Grease and line a biscuit tray.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and, with an electric mixer, beat until light and creamy.
- Beat in the condensed milk.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in the choc bits until well combined.
- Roll about 2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined tray.
- Press each ball gently with a floured fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the trays.
- Store in air-tight containers.
These cookies are fail safe, simple and delicious. The only problem is keeping the hubby and kids away from them long enough for them to cool!
These are amazing and so simple to make. I used large, good quality chocolate chips which seemed to work well. Only problem was that I couldn't stop eating them-especially when warm straight out of the oven!