Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the package of C&H sugar. I used dried flowers in place of fresh. Have fun using a combination of dried herbs if you wish.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender leaves (read *NOTE)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, for eggwash (mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water)
- *NOTE: Can substitute other edible flowers/herbs: rose, mint, etc.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy and pale yellow. Beat in the egg. Gradually add 1/4 cup of white sugar and the confectioner's sugar. Beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, lavender and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into 2 logs-approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter by 12 inches in length. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the egg together with the cold water.
- Line an aluminum baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the chilled cookie dough and brush with the eggwash.
- Roll the logs into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Slice the dough into 1/4" thick slices and place 1" apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely. Enjoy thoroughly.
Topped these off with Sugar Cookie Icing from Junebug Sugar Cookie Icing, that I flavoured with lemon juice and zest. Because I "stole" the lavendar from my office, I had to take a batch in and they were gone in 10 seconds!! Thanks Cookgirl!