From the package of C&H sugar. I used dried flowers in place of fresh. Have fun using a combination of dried herbs if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*NOTE: Can substitute other edible flowers/herbs: rose, mint, etc.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy and pale yellow. Beat in the egg. Gradually add 1/4 cup of white sugar and the confectioner's sugar. Beat well.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the flour, lavender and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- 4On a floured surface, roll the dough into 2 logs-approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter by 12 inches in length. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Whisk the egg together with the cold water.
- 7Line an aluminum baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the chilled cookie dough and brush with the eggwash.
- 8Roll the logs into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Slice the dough into 1/4" thick slices and place 1" apart on the cookie sheet.
- 9Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 10-12 minutes.
- 10Cool completely. Enjoy thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for C & H Lavender Scented Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1075.7
- Calories from Fat 589
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 40.0 g
- Cholesterol 303.6 mg
- Sodium 678.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender leaves