1/1 Photo of C & H Basic Sugar Cookies Recipe
spare time cook's Note:
Basic sugar cookie recipe. Nice and buttery, I use icing to make them special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- 2Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt, stir into sugar mixture.
- 4Form dough into flat disc on lightly floured surface; wrap in plastic wrapand chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F
- 6On lightly floured board, roll out half of dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- 7Using cookie cutters, cut out various shapes.
- 8Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- 9Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- 10Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on rack.
- 11Variation: Can also use dough to make drop cookies, skip the time to chill the dough in this case.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for C & H Basic Sugar Cookies Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.9
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 610.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g