1/1 Photo of Buttery Thumbprint Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
These wonderful buttery cookies come from "The Divine Miss M" an up and coming young cook I work with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Chocolate Frosting: Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in heavy saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil and boil 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- 4Beat until mixture is of spreading consistency.
- 5You may want to refrigerate for a little while.
- 6Cookies: Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 7Cream butter; gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
- 8Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 9Stir in vanilla.
- 10Combine flour and salt and add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- 11Chill until dough holds shape when rolled.
- 12Roll into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 13Press thumb in each cookie leaving an indentation.
- 14Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 15Do not brown.
- 16Cool on wire rack.
- 17When cool place about 1/2 tsp chocolate frosting in each cookie indentation.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 118.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g