How can you go wrong? Every layer is delicious. To make this even simpler skip the brownies from scratch and use a good box brownie mix. We love the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies...yum!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups butterscotch chips (11 oz pkg)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- BROWNIE LAYER.
- (follow directions below to make from scratch or you can choose to make box brownies -- I use Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies!).
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips and the vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl and add eggs, beating well.
- Gradually blend in flour.
- Stir remaining 1 cup chocolate chips into mix and spread into foil lined and greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. They will be a little underdone, but this is ok.
- MARSHMALLOW LAYER.
- Remove brownies from oven and cover top with mini marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow marshmallows to solidify.
- BUTTERSCOTCH KRISPIE TOPPING.
- In saucepan over low to medium heat melt peanut butter, butter and butterscotch chips until smooth except for the nuts.
- When marshmallow topping has cooled, stir the cereal into the mixture and spread over the top of the marshmallow layer.
- Refrigerate until the topping is set.
- To cut you can brush a knife with oil.
These are delicious!!!!!! I brought them to a party and got a compliment from everyone there and also got several requests for the recipe!