1/2 Photos of Butterscotch Krispie Marshmallow Brownies
Ann 3's Note:
How can you go wrong? Every layer is delicious. To make this even simpler skip the brownies from scratch and use a good box brownie mix. We love the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies...yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups butterscotch chips (11 oz pkg)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2BROWNIE LAYER.
- 3(follow directions below to make from scratch or you can choose to make box brownies -- I use Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies!).
- 4In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 5In saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 6Add 1 cup chocolate chips and the vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- 7Transfer to large bowl and add eggs, beating well.
- 8Gradually blend in flour.
- 9Stir remaining 1 cup chocolate chips into mix and spread into foil lined and greased 9 x 13 pan.
- 10Bake 15 minutes. They will be a little underdone, but this is ok.
- 11MARSHMALLOW LAYER.
- 12Remove brownies from oven and cover top with mini marshmallows.
- 13Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- 14Remove from oven and allow marshmallows to solidify.
- 15BUTTERSCOTCH KRISPIE TOPPING.
- 16In saucepan over low to medium heat melt peanut butter, butter and butterscotch chips until smooth except for the nuts.
- 17When marshmallow topping has cooled, stir the cereal into the mixture and spread over the top of the marshmallow layer.
- 18Refrigerate until the topping is set.
- 19To cut you can brush a knife with oil.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Krispie Marshmallow Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 155.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g