Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
A lovely buttermilk pound cake recipe I found in Southern Living.
Make and share this Buttermilk Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for one hour and five minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10-15 minutes; removes from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Pour buttermilk glaze over warm cake.