1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
A lovely buttermilk pound cake recipe I found in Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- 4Stir in flavorings.
- 5Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 6Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 7Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
- 8Bake at 325° for one hour and five minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan on a wire rack 10-15 minutes; removes from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- 10Pour buttermilk glaze over warm cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4955.8
- Calories from Fat 1888
- Total Fat 209.8 g
- Saturated Fat 124.7 g
- Cholesterol 1343.8 mg
- Sodium 3245.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 700.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 414.6 g
- Protein 73.9 g