1/1 Photo of Butterhorn Rolls
3 hrs 12 mins
This delicious dinner roll always brings praise. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble yeast into a bowl; add sugar, salt, milk, and eggs.
- 2Mix well; add half of flour and beat well.
- 3Add melted butter and remainder of flour.
- 4Knead until smooth, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- 5Divide in half, roll each piece into a circle 1/4 inch thick.
- 6Butter, if you like and cut each piece into 16 pie shaped pieces.
- 7Roll each piece, beginning at the wide end towards the tip end, so that the tip is kept at an equal distance from each end of the roll.
- 8Arrange shaped rolls on a well-greased baking sheet, placing the tip underneath the roll to prevent it from popping up and spoiling the shape of the roll.
- 9Allow rolls to rise until doubled and bake at 375F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 10*To make crescent rolls, curve rolls slightly.
- 11*To make butterleaf rolls, roll dough into a very think rectangular sheet, brush with melted butter; cut into strips 1 inch wide and pile 6 or 7 together. Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and place on end in greased muffin pans. Cover and let rise till doubled and bake as above.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterhorn Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1426.1
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 260.0 mg
- Sodium 1133.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 217.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 32.4 g