Perfect Pixie's Note:
Or fairy cakes if you wish. You always see these at parties as finger food, but they are always store brought. Treat everyone by making these delicious little cakes. Little girls especially love them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 2 x 12 hole deep patty pans with paper cases.
- 2Sift dry ingredients into a small bowl of electric mixer.
- 3Add butter, eggs, milk and essence.
- 4Beat on medium speed about 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and slightly lighter in colour.
- 5Drop 1 1/2 tbsp of mixture into prepared paper cases.
- 6Bake in a moderate oven about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Cool in pans.
- 8Using a fine pointed knife, cut circles from tops of cakes about 1 cm from the edge and about 1 1/2cm down into patty cakes.
- 9Cut these in half as they will be your butterfly wings, and put aside.
- 10Place about 1/2 tsp of jam or lemon butter into cavities of cakes.
- 11Top with whipped cream.
- 12Place tops into butterfly wings position.
- 13Dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfly Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 46.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g