Turn your simple cupcakes into delicious treats. : ) I got bored with making plain cupcakes, so I decided to put my custard powder to good use, with a delicious filling for the cupcakes!
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Fold into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in milk.
- Place 18 cupcake cases in a cupcake tin. Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases.
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 15 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Transfer to wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- While cooling, mix all icing ingredients together (butter, icing sugar, custard powder) and beat together until creamy.
- Cut a slice from the top of each cup cake. Cut this in half.
- Place a teaspoonful of the icing in each cavity.
- Arrange wings on cake.