1/2 Photos of Butterfly Cakes
Turn your simple cupcakes into delicious treats. : ) I got bored with making plain cupcakes, so I decided to put my custard powder to good use, with a delicious filling for the cupcakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder together. Fold into the creamed mixture.
- 4Stir in milk.
- 5Place 18 cupcake cases in a cupcake tin. Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases.
- 6Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 15 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- 7Transfer to wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- 8While cooling, mix all icing ingredients together (butter, icing sugar, custard powder) and beat together until creamy.
- 9Cut a slice from the top of each cup cake. Cut this in half.
- 10Place a teaspoonful of the icing in each cavity.
- 11Arrange wings on cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfly Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: