Cook1 hr 10 mins
My mom purchased this cake from our annual church bazaar! She was generous and gave half of the cake to me! Wow, it was so good! It was moist, dense and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease tube pan or spray with Pam.
- Sprinkle pan with the powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the powdered sugar.
- Mix 1st 6 ingredients for about 4 minutes.
- Pour in pan over the sugar and pecans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Very easy to make and very moist. I served it with vanilla ice cream but imagine serving it with butter pecan ice cream would be even better!
So easy to whip up and so yummy too!
A co-worker gave me this recipe a couple of years ago and it is my favorite cake. It is so moist and rich tasting. We make it with a butter pecan cake mix instead of the yellow.