Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I came up with these after seeing a recipe for Devils Food Cream Cheese Cookies. My mom does not care for chocolate, so I decided to try using a Butter Pecan cake mix instead. They were a hit. Very soft and chewy. I hope you enjoy them!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Blend in egg and maple flavoring.
- Add dry cake mix 1/3 at a time, mix well after each addition.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just lightly browned.
These were fantastic! I made them a day a head for a church gathering and they never made it through the night. We ate them all! We loved everything about these cookies. I loved the texture.
I used a white cake mix and low fat/neufchatel cream cheese. I added chopped pecans and used maple extract. I used the smallest cookie scoop I had. It is a good thing because they really puffed up. These cookies are a little more like very tender muffins. Very cakey, of course. Quick and easy.
This is good made with just the butter pecan cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil. I usually a few extra pecans. MM