This recipe was found on the internet at recipeisland.com.
Make and share this Butter Cookies (St. Martin -- Caribbean) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar along with the vanilla extract, until mixture is fluffy & light.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour & salt, then, 1/2 cup at a time, add it to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Scoop dough onto the center of a large ungreased, 9-inch square baking pan, & using a spatula spread it out evenly.
- Bake the huge cookie on the center rack of the oven until firm to the touch & golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven & cut the 9-inch square cookie into 1 1/2-inch squares, making 36 smaller cookies.
- Place them on a wire rack to cool before eating.