This is one of my own creations from my blog, www.pickypalate.blogspot.com Brownies, Peanut Butter and Oreos. Need I say more?!!
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cream the butter and sugars until well combined. Add in peanut butter until well combined. With mixer on low beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift flour, baking soda and powder, and salt into a large bowl. With mixer on low slowly add in dry ingredients and broken oreos until just combined. Pour cookie dough onto a rimmed cookie sheet and press to about ½ inch thick, doesn’t have to be totally flat or reach edges of cookie sheet, just spread out.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Take 3 tablespoons of brownie batter and drizzle evenly over cookie dough. Take a toothpick and gently swirl brownie batter into cookie dough only a few times. You should be able to see clear brownie swirls.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough with brownie swirls onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through but still soft. Let cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool. Serve and enjoy!
- **Save and bake the remaining brownie batter after cookies are done baking at 350°F according to package directions***.
Yum! Great recipe. I didn't do the whole brownie-swirl step since I didn't have a brownie mix on hand. PB Oreo cookies are great! Thanks.
Oh! These are delish! My family went crazy for them. DH & DS finished off a whole batch of cookies in less than 6 hours! I'm shocked! And, I'm glad I got to test at least one. lol The technique for these was very interesting & it worked like a charm. The dough was easy to work with. I loved the brownie swirls & the chunks of Oreo (I used Double Stuff) & DH & DS loved the peanut butter. There was something for all of us in these. :) Thanks for sharing your recipe, Picky Palate! Made for the Spring 2009 Pick A Chef Orphanage.