1/1 Photo of Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Barb Gertz's Note:
For kids of all ages, this dessert is dense and chocolaty. When was the last time you had a cupcake with sprinkles on top. It is best to use mini muffin tins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 8 ounces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted,chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1For cupcakes; Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line standard (1/3 cup) muffin cups with paper liners (These are really better made in mini muffin tins.) Combine butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate in the top of double broiler set over simmering water.
- 3Stir until mixture is melted and smooth, Remove from water.
- 4Whisk both sugars into chocolate mixture, then whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
- 5whisk in vanilla, then flour, walnuts, salt and remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 6Divide batter among muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each).
- 7Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes.
- 8Transfer cupcakes to rack and cool completely.
- 9Frosting; Put powdered sugar and the next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 10Using electric mixer, beat until mixture is smooth, adding whipping cream by teaspons if frosting is to thick to spread.
- 11Spread frosting in swirls over tops of cupcakes, sprinkle with chocolate shavings or sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.8
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 141.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g