Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
requested recipe. I haven't tried yet myself, as biscotti are very easy to make one a regular basis...I will post some of my biscotti recipes...look for Cherry chocolate Biscotti, and my Special K Biscotti recipes....
- 1 (22 ounce) box brownie mix
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brazil nuts or 3⁄4 cup nuts, of your choice
- Combine all ingredients except the nuts into mixer bowl.
- Blend for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Dough should form a ball.
- Toss in the nuts and combine well.
- Pat into a 14 x 4 inch log on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake 350 degrees preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove onto a wire rack and cool 12 minutes.
- Slice into slices with a serrated knife.
- Place back on parchment sheet cut side down.
- Return to oven for 8 minutes.
- Turn each slice over.
- Return back to oven 8 minutes.
- Turn off oven, keep door slightly ajar.
- Leave in oven 40 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Store airtight in a tin container.
Had some problems slicing and flipping. The center was still very soft both times and they tended to break. Excellent flavor. I've never made biscotti before and these were easy. i'm just worried that they aren't dried enough.
DH said these were great. Just doesn't make too many.
I made these as a holiday treat test run and my family loved them! They're not really made for dunking (not airy enough), but on their own they were very chocolately and yummy. I left out the nuts but add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg for some flavoring (and to take away from any possibly brownie mix taste) in mine. I thought the dough was a little too wet though - even though my hands were damp with water, they still stuck on fiercely. The next time I make them I will definitely add in 1/2 cup more flour to see if that will balance it out. I will also add some chopped craisins! Thank you for such an easy and adaptable recipe!