From our local "Quality Greens" farm market. Bread can be served warm or at room temperature. It keeps well and makes great toast too!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (approx 2 medium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Once combined, mix in oats.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and vanilla together in a small bowl and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Combine lightly, then stir in the grated zucchini--do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, mounding it up in the center, sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack for a further 10 minutes prior to slicing.